Guidelines to help protect our pool
What can I do to help...
- Make sure your children are properly, thoroughly and often washing their hands. Supervise all restroom trips if necessary. Hand washing
is particularly critical before eating and after restroom trips.
- Stay out of the pool if you have diarrhea and for 2 weeks after the
diarrhea has ceased.
- Stay out of the pool if you test Cryptosporidium positive for 2 weeks
after the symptoms have disappeared and after you receive 3 negative tests.
- Do not change diapers at the pool anywhere except the restrooms.
Particularly on facility chairs.
- If you are aware of a diaper failure, a fecal or vomiting accident or see any fecal
matter in the pool, please immediately notify the manager.
- Take your children on bathroom breaks often. Waiting to hear "I have
to go" may mean its too late.
- Wash your bodies (particularly diaper age children) thoroughly (especially
the rear-end) with soap and water before swimming. We all have invisible
amounts of fecal matter on our bottoms that end up in the pool.
In the future...
- If you or a family member has a health concern, or a question, contact one
of the Directors. Do not attempt to leave a message with staff at the
- Please contact a Director directly for accurate information. Do not rely on
media reports or information obtained from rumor mills.